3 Oils Method
How to Use Essential Oil(s)?
Use 6 drops
Simply fill the bath and add 6 drops of your chosen pure undiluted essential oil(s) into the water, agitating it thoroughly. Use good morning towel to rub your body and feel the energy.
- Stress-buster: 2 drops each of Rose Geranium, Lavendula Vera and Ylang Ylang
Shower/foot baths/hand baths
Use 6 drops
- To wake you up sprinkle 2 drops each of 5 Element/Lemon/Rosemary Spanish onto a damp sponge or add the drops to an unperfumed shower gel. (6 drops to 20ml).
- For feel-good-feet – 3 drops Lavendula Vera and 3 drops Wild Peppermint in a bowl of hand-hot water. Soak your feet for about 10 minutes.
- To soothe painful and arthritis hands – 3 drops Byan’s Relaxation Blend/Ginger/Frankincense/Bergamot/Tangerine and 3 drops Lavendula Vera in a bowl of hand-hot water. Soak your hands for about 10 minutes.
Use 6 drops
- To relieve fever, fill a small bowl with cold water and add 3 drops Lavendula Vera and 3 drops Wild Peppermint. Soak up with a flannel (or other absorbent material) or using good morning towel. Apply the compress either to the forehead or to the back of the neck.
Only got 10 minutes?
Aromatherapy is a holistic therapy that uses essential oils to enhance health and vitality on all levels – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
Essential oils are obtained from many different parts of plans, eg:
- Chamomile/Rose – flowers
- Peppermint/Eucalyptus – leaves
- Lemon/Bergamot – fruits
- Juniper – berries
- Fennel – seeds
- Ginger – root
- Frankincense – gum
The most widely used method of extracting essential oils is distillation. Expression and solvent extraction are also important methods.
Expression is reserved exclusively for members of the citrus family such as bergamot, grapefruit, lemon, lime and mandarin.
Solvent extraction does not yield essential oils – this process produces ‘absolutes’ and ‘resinoids’. This technique is used for higher yield or to extract oils that cannot be obtained by any other process.
Essential oils may be used in numerous ways to create a beautiful healing aromatic environment and to prevent and treat common ailments.
Use 2 drops
- to sweeten breath, add 1 drop Peppermint and 1 drop Lemon to half a glass of water. Stir well, gargle and spit it out.
Use 3 drops
- to clear the sinuses, add 3 drops Eucalyptus Radiata to a bowl of hand-hot water, cover your head with a towel, lean over the bowl inhaling deeply for a few minutes, keeping your eyes closed to avoid irritation.
Use 6 drops
- fill the bowl on the TOP with water and sprinkle approximately 6 drops of essential oil into it. Light a nightlight candle and the oils will diffuse into the atmosphere. (To repel insects use citronella.)
Add 3 drops to 10ml (approximately two teaspoons) carrier oil such as Rice Bran/Coconut/Jojoba. For constipation, massage the abdomen gently in a clockwise direction using 3 drops Marjoram and 3 drops Rosemary Spanish.
Essential oils are highly concentrated and should not be used undiluted on the skin (except for Lavendula Vera and Tea Tree and for first aid purpose). Blend them with a cold-pressed, unrefined, additive-free carrier oil.
Rice Bran Oil, Coconut Oil and Jojoba Oil, all make good massage mediums – they are therapeutic, have a good texture aroma that will mask the aroma of the essential oils.
These carrier oils may be used on their own or can blend them with thicker, more viscous oils to increase their therapeutic value. For instance, a blend could be 80ml of Omhealth’s carrier oil (Rice Bran/Coconut/Jojoba), and 5ml each of Lavendula Vera, Marjoram Sweet and Wild Peppermint to make it an awesome Omhealth’s famous 3 oils.